I started my weekend with a to do list that sucked. I had, like, all stuff that was sucky and only a couple of things to look forward to:
- Pay bills, which is always depressing
- Get a new registration sticker for my car
- And the kicker … I did my taxes.
Although it was a total beat-down, at the end I get more than $800 and I bought a savings bond. Not a bad outcome for a day’s worth of beat down. Then, on to the two items on my To Do list that I actually wanted to do: I saw No Strings Attached and had dinner with my friend Vickie. I highly recommend it, BTdubs. The movie, I mean.
It’s funny and witty and clever, and Ashton Kutcher is nekkid within the first 30 minutes. And then, he makes Natalie Portman a mix CD one day when she tells him to stay away because she’s miserable with her monthly symptoms. The mix CD is a Period Mix. It was so funny, I took it for inspiration. Someone dear to me recently became a woman and started her monthly courses for the first time, so I made her a Period Mix, too. Besides, there are some crucial artists she needs to be introduced to now, before Taylor Swift and Katy Perry turn her musical brain to mush. And so, I present my playlist:
- Bleeding Love – Leona Lewis
- Everybody Hurts – R.E.M.
- Red, Red – Doug Burr
- What It Feels Like for a Girl – Glee cast
- Let It Rain – Kris Allen
- Just Another Girl – Pete Yorn
- Sweet Carolina Rain – Christian Kane
- Bleed Like Me – Garbage
- Sunday Bloody Sunday – U2
- The Tide Is High – Blondie
- Red, Red Wine – UB40
- About a Girl (Nirvana cover) – Cibo Matto
- Thong Song – Will Schuester (Glee)
- Brave New Girl – Britney Spears
- Even Flow – Pearl Jam